LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2011 Build Installer Error code -30

Solved!
Go to solution

Using LabVIEW 2011 SP1 winth Windows 7.  Made changes to a program and tried to create a new executable and installer.  Executable worked fine.  Got the following error when I tried to create an installer:

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_InitializeDistribution.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage.vi

Loading product deployment information

*** Error: Improper function call or command line argument. (Error code -30)
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage
The MDF does not have support for distribution language LANGID 9.
*** End Error Report

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SJT

This thread suggests uninstalling and re-installing LabVIEW, and making sure you have all updates.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-t-build-any-installer/td-p/2120890

Message 2 of 4
(3,638 Views)

Hello,

I have the same Issue with LabView 2016. In reinstalled LabView 32 bit and nothing chaged. Always this Error Message when I try to create an install package:

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_InitializeDistribution.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
Internal error.
Details:
The installer builder does not have support for installer language LANGID 9. Go to ni.com/info and enter the Info Code InstallerBuilderSupport to obtain more information about errors generated when building an installer.
Code:

Where is this missing LANGID 9?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,150 Views)

Hi Tegich,

When you reinstalled LabVIEW, did you try explicitly right-clicking the setup.exe and running the installer as an administrator?

Also, I'd recommend posting this question on a new thread so that more people are likely to see it.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,129 Views)