LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2009 Icon editor

X. wrote:

Couldn't this be kept in memory to avoid having to launch the editor each time it is called?   (emphasis added)

I think this is a great idea.  If we have to wait a few seconds the first time the editor launches, it would not be so bad if it popped up immediately on subsequent calls.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(295 Views)

Another thing I am wondering about is whether there is a fundamental reason for the IE to be holding up LV? I mean it is a dialog box and when editing an icon, you loose the possibility to do anything else in LV!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(290 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

I have noticed, however that there is a feeling of lag when drawing on the icon picture.  It's as if the picture being displayed is about 1/4 of a second behind what I'm actually doing.  Not a major problem, but I'm curious if others see the same thing.

First, the general consensus is that there is quite a bit of delay when the icon editor first opens.  I too witness it taking much less time on subsequent calls with LV2010.  I believe I noticed the same behavior with LV2009.  However, concerning your question with drawing, no, I have not noticed any lag when drawing pictures.  Could it be that your computer is being over-tasked with another application?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(284 Views)