LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLB in labview 2011

Hi,

i would like to create a .llb file including some VIs (i'm using LV2011). In older versions it was easy to create a library selecting file--->save with options--->development distribution and i was able to hide block diagrams by clicking on "hide diagrams".

How can i do the same thing in LV 2011?

Tnx!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,912 Views)

Something like that:

01.png

02.png

03.png

Andrey.

Message 2 of 7
(2,903 Views)

Am just trying to understand what is the difference if I create an LLB file in this method.

CreateLibrary.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,900 Views)

@P Anand wrote:

Am just trying to understand what is the difference if I create an LLB file in this method.

The way described above mostly the same, but more flexible. Once Build Spec is created, you can recall it with single mouse click, removing BD/FP and so on - most things are under your control.

Another possibility for source code distribution is "ZIP file" (available in the same menu). With Zip file the entire project can be compressed into the single archive (but not in llb, of course).

Third possibility is "Packed Library" - more advanced as llb.

Message 4 of 7
(2,890 Views)

thank you andrey. It was exactly what i was looking for!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,872 Views)

An llb is really an obsolete file format and I would recomend you start using a lib, packed lib, for distribution and never use an llb for development.

Message 6 of 7
(2,868 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

An llb is really an obsolete file format and I would recomend you start using a lib, packed lib, for distribution and never use an llb for development.

Fully agree, Dennis, but one small feature is missing in packed libraries.

With distribution into llb I can define which VIs should be excluded from distribution:

But I can't do the same with packed libraries:

In some rare cases (complex PlugIn architecture, for example) this might be necessary.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,853 Views)