LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX and FTDI

Hello, I had the following question: can I use the LINX for Converter without FTDI hardware platforms (Arduino, etc.). I want to directly read data from MPU6050 gyro using the FT232H.

Thanks in advance)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,190 Views)

This is not an issue of LINX and your micro.  This is an issue of connecting your micro to an interface your PC has.  LINX generally talks to a micro that has an FTDI chip or Prolific, or something, that can turn the UART TX RX of the micro into something that the computer can detect.  In this case it is converting to RS-232, or taking it a step further and converting it to USB.  Some microcontrollers have on board USB and connecting them to the PC has them show up as a simulated serial port.  As far as LINX is concerned it just needs to talk to a VISA compatible device.  If this is FTDI, or Prolific, or the onboard USB it doesn't care.  You need to connect it to the PC, load the appropriate drivers for your hardware, and then ensure it is a VISA compatible device (like a COM port).

Honestly you should just start with the Simple Serial example shipped with LabVIEW.  It allows for writing data to a VISA port, waiting and then reading the response.  From there you should be able to make some pretty decent code that talks to your hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,166 Views)