From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED light/indicator implementation help

Programmers,

Please help me with this.  If someone can help me get this to work then the driver will be complete.  The attached .vi has some LED lights being controlled by buttons.  The only problem right now is that, when I click on the "SET" button, I need the "MEASURE" button led's to turn completely off.  When I click on the "MEASURE" button, I need the "SET" led's to turn completely off.  Secondly, when I click back on either the "MEASURE" of "SET" button, I need the led that turned off when i clicked off that button to turn back on. 

So for example.  If the 3rd LED of the MEASURE button is on and I click on the "SET" button, it should turn off that led.  However, when I click back on the "MEASURE" button, I need the 3rd LED to light back up again. 

Please any experienced programmer open up the attached .vi and make these changes for me.  I am a beginning LabView programmer and have been busting my tail to try to figure this out.  Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,341 Views)

Good afternoon,

It looks like a perfect place for a property node.  If you want to programmatically change the value of one of the controls, right click the control and select “property node->value” drop this down in the case where you want the value of that control to be changed.  Then just wire the value you want to change the control to.

There is a lot of information on property nodes on the web, I advise checking this out before you jump right in to using them.  Also in general you should use property nodes sparingly as they introduce some memory and time overhead into your application.

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,309 Views)