Hi Immi,

Check out this 8.0 Vi.

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,101 Views)

Hi Venky,

Thanks..I see only one ex-or gate with 2 switches and  a LED in the vi. I hope nothing is missing in it.

rgds

imran

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,096 Views)

Hi Imran,

Yeah it is not missing anything.

It detects the transition ,whenever the Signal boolean changes its value from true to false or false to true.

Note: for help check context help (Ctrl+H) of the Edge detection.vi

Let me know if it meets ur requirement or not.

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,089 Views)

Dear Venky,

To eleobrate my problem, i am attaching an image of the part of the vi. As you can see the information I am getting from the hardware through the DAQmx is a DBL precision number and I dont see any direct boolean signal readout from the counter. Hope this will give you a better view of the problem. I need to be able to read the logic level of the counter first in order to get the edge detection work.

Rgrds

imran
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,079 Views)

Hi Imran:

Is there any reason why you cannot use a digital input rather than a counter?  This would give you a boolean value that you could use with the code from Venky.  If you do have to use a counter, can you provide some more background on what your application is doing?

Message Edited by A Person on 02-23-2009 05:27 PM
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,038 Views)

Hi Alex,

I am developing a laser ablation system for which i need a simple control of a laser equipment for generating specific number of pulses and stepping a stepper motor after each pulse (falling edge). I  tried to use a digital input but apparently the DAQ digital input is not able to detect the input pulses which are (50 us) short. Counter input detects is easily and accurately but I cannot get a logic level information from counter and  which is my basic problem. i read the help and the only way i can use digital input of my DAQ card is it to configure it as "detect changes" and hardware timed but in that case it i noticed it missed to detect some pulses and accuracy is compromised. Please bare with me as i am not an expert user of LabView.

regards

imran

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,006 Views)

Hi Alex,

I am developing a laser ablation system for which i need a simple control of a laser equipment for generating specific number of pulses and stepping a stepper motor after each pulse (falling edge). I  tried to use a digital input but apparently the DAQ digital input is not able to detect the input pulses which are (50 us) short. Counter input detects is easily and accurately but I cannot get a logic level information from counter and  which is my basic problem. i read the help and the only way i can right now use digital input of my DAQ card is it to configure the advanced clock settings to "change detection" and hardware timed but in this case it i noticed it is missing to detect some pulses and accuracy is compromised. Please bare with me as i am not an expert user of LabView.

regards

imran

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,989 Views)

Hi immi:

So 1 to 20 times per second, you are receiving a 50us pulse?  Your digital input should be able to detect that without a problem.  One thing you can do to help make sure you detect the pulses is to turn off the filtering as shown in the example.  Give this example a try and see if you can detect the digital pulses.  Otherwise, we can try and come up with a solution that uses a counter.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,951 Views)