LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD

I am making a fully automatic timer like they user for track and field runners.

The simplied version is to have a push button start the timer and once the a runner passes by a sensor ( havent figured what kind yet) a webcam will take a single photo of that runner and stop and display their time.

Will a LCD display be able to count up to display the time as the runner is running?

Please and thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,412 Views)

LCD is never able to count anything, It will display only what you asked him to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,390 Views)

Hello there nicoledenise, as Ranjeet_Singh said, LCD does NOT count up (nor down). You need to make a separate module to count the time, and the same module that controls that should be the one in charge of sending the data to the LCD to update it on it, and the LCD will display the value you send to it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,344 Views)

Thank you.

If I am correct, there will be nothing showing the time physically but only displaying it on the LCD when stopped?

If you may, can you please explain what you mean by creating a separate module.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,319 Views)

Maybe it's far easier to display the time on the same screen you are displaying the picture on?  (With an LCD display, you will have to fight with drivers.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,313 Views)