LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can link ( PDF) a document to my LV 8.5 vi??  I have a program doc thats 145 pages.  I'd like to some how "link" the document to my vi in case sometime in the future anyone can view it to see what the mnemonics mean.

I'm using VISA to talk to a scope.  Someone might have to refer to the Programmers Manual to know what "Trigger:A:Level 0" means or its correct format.

Clint

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,477 Views)

Use Open HTML Report in Browser VI.   It's not intuitive, I know, but A VI HAS TO KNOW ITS LIMITATIONS.

Message Edited by jcarmody on 06-25-2009 12:36 PM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,469 Views)

Hi,

use "Open URL in default browser.vi" with a path to your PDF. On Win XP standard configuration this will call the internet explorer which hands over the document to Acrobat Reader and opens it. You can combine this with a button on your front panel or with a menu item.

Regards, Jörn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,467 Views)

I use the system exec.vi to open 'any' (behaviour like Win Explorer) file. The command is cmd /c "path". This will use the exe associoated with the file extension (there is a reg key for that).

There might be options specific for Acroread.

Another way to do it is via ActiveX containers. You can insert Acroread and control the document via Property/Invoke nodes.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,461 Views)