LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system of alarm for a building

hello,

I am a novice in labview and I need help.

It is intended to construct a system of alarm for a building with some entrances in such way that:

1.    The system will have to protect two doors, 4 windows and door of garage.
2.    The system must not have switch of general cut
 3.    To enter in the building without going off the alarm it must: To bind the switch (key) in the out side of the door, and i 30 seconds later, the second door opens (Second key), this after having closed the first door.
4.    Any shunting line to the indicated procedure sets in motion the alarm, to torn off the alarm is necessary to repeat procedure 3
 5.    To protect the building, it is necessary that all the doors and windows are closed and to execute the inverse procedure of 3.

Thaks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,507 Views)
Is this an academic project or have you been asked to professionally consult on a project? You will need to provide more details on the hardware that will be used as well as how communication is meant to be handled between the hardware and software.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,501 Views)

Hi caco.

First you should have a look at Getting Started with LabVIEW. 

In a second time we need to know more about your project to help you.

It's hard for us to help you without precise questions. Do you have any VI? Have you got any error?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,475 Views)

Sorry just have answered now but I had to learn a little more.

Yes, this is an académic work, For that i'm only go to use labview, without hardware, simulating the signal of the sensors with buttons on \ off.

I already made a little but I am with problems.
1º Problem

My clock onely can start  counting when the outside door  is  closed. To make this I used a Elapsed function that counts until the time target (30segundos) andgivesthe indication to the alarm that the key whose  introduced in de inside door beefor the thirty seconds terminat. The problem is that after arriving at thirty Secs it goes to 0 and continues to count. How i do to make it stop when the alarm is not triget or not.

Also I do not know how I put the system  to zero when the alarm dont starts.

2º Problem

Will be necessary to have deep knowledge in logic boolean to obtain the cover of all the logical operations.

3º problem

point five. can you give me a tip about it ?

Thaks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,439 Views)

caco wrote:

Sorry just have answered now but I had to learn a little more.

Yes, this is an académic work, For that i'm only go to use labview, without hardware, simulating the signal of the sensors with buttons on \ off.

I already made a little but I am with problems.
1º Problem

My clock only can start  counting when the outside door  is  closed. To make this I used a Elapsed function that counts until the time target (30segundos) andgivesthe indication to the alarm that the key whose  introduced in de inside door before the thirty seconds terminate. The problem is that after arriving at thirty Secs it goes to 0 and continues to count. How i do to make it stop when the alarm is not triget or not.

Do you have AutoReset turned on in that Express VI?  Perhaps you want to set that to off.

Also I do not know how I put the system  to zero when the alarm dont starts.

I don't know what that means.

2º Problem

Will be necessary to have deep knowledge in logic boolean to obtain the cover of all the logical operations.

I would say so.

3º problem

point five. can you give me a tip about it ?

You should look at a state machine archtitecture.  Search the forums.  This will allow you to have different paths of code execution based on the current state of your program

Your screenshots embedded in your message don't show up because they point to a location on your harddrive.  Don't use firefox's cut and paste routines for embedding screen shots.  Use the Insert Image button on the editor's toolbar.

By the way.  On the numeric palette, there is a compound arithmetic function.  You can set that to boolean operations such as OR, so you can or everything together in one step rather than needing a half dozen like you have now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,431 Views)