LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW

Helooo

I am doing QPSK demodulation using labview 8.5 evaluation version at this side i want to multiply my comming signal with a locally generated signal. which labview VI can i use as local ossilator.(i need a LO which can generate real and imaginary both components of signal).
I have tried to use SIMULATE SIGNAL but it is only generating real component of signal also i have used sine waveform generator it is also generating real signal.i will be greatefull if someone assist me

Regard
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,881 Views)

Madd,

You can create the real and imaginary components from your angle and magnitude.  Please see the attached example vi.  The arrays are sample data taking from a project I was working on.  If you must go back to real and imaginary you can you the numeric -> complex menus.  I would stick with arrays they are easiest to plot. 

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,873 Views)
Heloo

Thx for quick response. i have used Numeric-->>complex  but they always  tells that signal is real. e.g

i have a sine simulate block  i give its input to a( Z - r and theta) block when i  write the output of this block(Z- rand theta) to write measurement file only values for r (magnitude) are stored and all the theta's are zero or at some point they are non zeros.even though sine simulated is continous but phase is not.looking for ur response.

Regards

Madd
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,859 Views)
hi to all ,i done an application in labview 8.5.my question is can i open my application or vi in labview 8.1.for that purpose what can i do?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,827 Views)
Just open from the menu File>>Save for previous version. You can select one of the LV8.x versions.
BTW never heard of LV 8.1, what's that? I know 8.0.1 and 8.2.1.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,813 Views)
Try posting your code.  SS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,809 Views)
Hi..
I am running a project of controlling optical spectrum analyzer. I'm facing a problem with my labview program which i had created. I try to write a program which can allow me to save my results into the floppy. For your information, i'm using an old version of spectrum analyzer (AQ6317), so it just have a floppy disk. This is my writing program. Hope you can help me to check any errors in it...thank you

Message Edited by HANI on 02-16-2008 06:52 AM

Message Edited by HANI on 02-16-2008 06:53 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,673 Views)

Hani,

You should really create a new thread since your question is not related to this existing one.

As far as your VI, any errors would be a result of not using the correct function for the instrument. You've given a model number. What is the manufacturer? Do you have a link to the programming manual you can post or do you have an electronci copy of the manual you can post?

Also, if you are able to transfer data from the instrument to the pc, you could save it locally instead of to a floppy. Again, seeing the instrument manual would allow someone to provide more help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,653 Views)
Hi..
Here i've attached the manual of my optical spectrum analyzer.
I have one more problem. As a very new user of labview, i just can't figure out how to make the right sequence of my program. Could you tell me on what exactly is shift register and what is the purpose of using it?....thank you...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,618 Views)
Hani,

A shift register is a way to pass values from the previous iteration of your loop into the next iteration of new loop.

Also, your manual is in Japanese. In terms of programming in LabVIEW the general procedure is Open, Read/Write, Close.
Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,587 Views)