LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW NET TUTOR

I am a novice at LABVIEW, DAQ card etc. I am doing a small project regarding controlling a stepper and a DC motor. I am an OLD guy and needs a lot of HELP! I am willing to pay a small fee for guiding me via e-mel regarding labview. I would pose the questions and hope to recieve some replies. You need not reply straight away. My e-mel is labview1958@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,856 Views)
Hi,
Now when you say you are comfortable to learn with email support ,then why do you need worry ,all you have to do is post your question however simple it is on this ZONE and you will be getting answers from experts so you will understand better.and allllll this is for FREEEEEE so start shooting your questions from the minute you see this and expect answers at the eraliest.

Get Set Fire
vicky
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,848 Views)
Hello Vicky,

Thanks. I am in a bit STRESS out in figuring this whole LABVIEW buisness. It started out nice but now i am real TIRED.

Best Regards
Labview1958
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,844 Views)
hi,
Labview and Tired ,sorry it can never be together,so once you become a expert as you are in any you will start loving the language soooo much that you will forget all other languages.
So when shall we start your labview classes?? ahaha
cheers
vicky
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,836 Views)
First off labview can be a little tricky to learn if you already know other languages, There some things some people can do faster in labview and some that can do it faster in text. If you are so willing to learn labview then post your questions here it's free and most of the people on this forum are the best there is, and have been using labview since it started. I would also suggest the book called Labview for everyone second edition by Jeffrey Travis. This is a great starter and reference book for beginners. Check out the book and post any question to this forum. We will be glad to pass on the knowledge.

A little info on how the forum works. The people that show up in blue, work for NI. The people that show up in yellow are people who are using there own time to answer your question. You can reward these people by giving them stars if you like there answers to your question.

Thanks for coming over to the light of labview.
LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 5 of 13
(2,826 Views)
You should check all the resources at the LabVIEW Learning Center. There are several on-line tutorials and books for beginners. Also, contact your local NI sales engineer to see if there is a local LabVIEW training class or user group.
Message 6 of 13
(2,808 Views)
Also, there's a little known tutorial on the Connexions website. This site, built by Rice University, was designed as a depository for academic learning materials. However, the LabVIEW course on this site is fantastic. It gives you the basics of LabVIEW and is a great way to get started. Enjoy!
J.R. Allen
Message 7 of 13
(2,796 Views)
I urgently NEED guidance in designing a labview program to RUN a stepper motor using a 6025E DAQ board. The CONNECTIONS site is GOOD but I do NOT have the time. Please HELP.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,745 Views)
You need to decide what you need to do. You went from a DC motor to a stepper. Very different from a controller standpoint. Either way, you NEED to understand what the DAQ board is and what is can do. It is not a motor controller, but can be used to interface to a motor controller. I would not use it to control a stepper motor. There are stepper controllers and drives that do a much better job of this.

Please give us some more details of what your requirements are for your system. What are you trying to control? Do you need good speed control at all RPM's? Do you need accurate speed feedback?

From your other posts, I am guessing that you need to vary speed, and know what that speed is. If that is the case, then I would recommend a stepper system from IMS(www.imshome.com). You could use one of their analog speed controls with one of their stepper drivers. I have used these before. The control will accept a 0-5VDC input(from your DAQ card). The input is scaled to a motor speed, and is rather accurate. No speed feedback, but you may be able to assume that it is moving at the speed that you told it to.
Message 9 of 13
(2,733 Views)
You need to decide what you need to do. You went from a DC motor to a stepper. Very different from a controller standpoint. Either way, you NEED to understand what the DAQ board is and what is can do. It is not a motor controller, but can be used to interface to a motor controller. I would not use it to control a stepper motor. There are stepper controllers and drives that do a much better job of this.

Please give us some more details of what your requirements are for your system. What are you trying to control? Do you need good speed control at all RPM's? Do you need accurate speed feedback?

From your other posts, I am guessing that you need to vary speed, and know what that speed is. If that is the case, then I would recommend a stepper system from IMS(www.imshome.com). You could use one of their analog speed controls with one of their stepper drivers. I have used these before. The control will accept a 0-5VDC input(from your DAQ card). The input is scaled to a motor speed, and is rather accurate. No speed feedback, but you may be able to assume that it is moving at the speed that you told it to.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,735 Views)