LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyence vision system IV-G500CA

Hi , 

I have planning to integrate this camera IV-G500CA to my labview DAQ , is this compatible with labview ? Do I need any additional drivers ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,998 Views)

Hi,

When I took a quick look, it was unclear of the protocol that this camera uses.  If it is an Ethernet camera and can use the GigE protocol, you can use our Vision Acquisition Software.  If not, there might be a driver or DLL that the manufacturer has to work with LabVIEW.

Take a look at this KB, which should help explain more of the compatibilities: Is My Camera Supported by National Instruments?

What is the setup and application you are trying to use this for?

Kelli Kravetz
Product Marketing Manager
LabVIEW, LabVIEW NXG, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,950 Views)

Kelli, 

I will be using this sensor to check for the presence of orings while the test is running. All I want the camera to do is to sent the pass or fail to the labview DAQ so that it can stop the test if the o-rings is not present. 

The rep told me it sends 0-24v signal. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,938 Views)

What type of bus and communication protocol does the camera use to send the 0-24V signal (ie GigE, USB and Serial, CAN, MODBUS)?  This will determine how the information from the camera gets to the computer and will determine if there is anything additional needed to make the camera compatible with NI software.  A dll or driver set from the camera manufacturer generally will oftentimes make the programming in LabVIEW a step easier.

Kelli Kravetz
Product Marketing Manager
LabVIEW, LabVIEW NXG, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,928 Views)