LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyence LK-G series communications over Labview

I found that it is possible to install the NI driver of  Keyence LJ-G030 through Driver Wizard. And I can find the Keyence on MAX.

But the problem is I could not find the device on 'VISA Open'.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(4,610 Views)

Sorry, guys.

That problem is solved.

But I cannot get any return values from the sensor. The error is always 'VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed'.

Does anyone know that?

THX

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(4,606 Views)

I got the same problem. I can see it in MAX and it shows up in VISA, but the sample error.

With that, I could not use LK-Navigator2 to communicate via USB. I had to remove the driver for LabVIEW to solve the problem.

Keyence manual mentions its USB won't work when it is used. Feel there is a conflict of driver resource between LK-Navigator2 and LabVIEW driver.

Please let me know if you made any breakthrough.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(4,544 Views)

The USB driver provided by Keyence only supports the LJ-Navigator.  

At last, i used the analog output to acquire all the measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(4,541 Views)

hum, I working in the same equipment to implement SPC in the equipment and i have found very frindly the laser height... so far my code is being easily so I assume I will complete this project soon, you comment is from a while so I assume you also completed yours.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(3,699 Views)

Yonsebastian, are you able to post the file?  I am trying to store the thickness data using the same template.  The test vi that someone else posted here runs, then stops within a second or two without any errors or recorded data.  I'd love to try out your vi.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(3,238 Views)

Can you pleas tell us what is your may concern, this is an old post with many different questions

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(3,222 Views)

For starters, I struggle a lot designing programs in labview.  I am using the lkg152 displacement lasers with a lk g3000 controller.

When I use the file "Test1.vi" that Remulus posted, I am able to run the vi, but it stops almost instantly after I start it without giving any errors and records nothing.  I was particularly interested in their vi because I am also using two lasers to measure the height of a coated film.  Then user Yonsebastian mentioned they were able to easily record laser height with their vi, so I was asking to see their vi.

I'm currently working on writing the program in python to initialize the measurements, zero at the beginning, then call and store the data.

I'm also ordering some new cables just to be sure that isn't the issue.

-rf

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(3,209 Views)

I am trying to connect the LK-GD500 to my mac, and using NI-VISA to detect the USB device. So far the NI-VISA GUI is not able to find the GD500. Does anyone have any experience getting the controller to communicate with a mac? Is there a specific device name I should be looking at under user/dev? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(3,037 Views)

All the Keyence USB interfaces do NOT provide a standard USB-COMM or USB-TM (Test and Measurement) class implementation. As such there is no way to communicate with them from LabVIEW except if you want to go through the trouble of installing a VISA USB Raw device driver inf file, which renders the device unusable for the Keyence Navigator software. And then you need to communicate directly with the USB data endpoints on the lowest USB level using an undocumented binary protocol from Keyence. That is not really an option.

But there do seem to be DLL drivers with some API documentation available from Keyence that can be integrated in LabVIEW through the Call Library Node. But that is not for the faint hearted. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(2,803 Views)