From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyence LJ-G5000 executable

Im trying to make an executable from a VI that has the Keyence LJ-G5000 drivers in it. I get a commuication error wathen I try to run it. Any help would be great.

Message 1 of 9
(4,182 Views)

I am a new user to labview and I was able to create an executable file but good not establish a connection.  After seeing this message I have tried again using our keyence LJ-G5000 and the keyence drivers.  I get this error message...

Error 7 occurred at the Call Library Function Node in Keyence LJ-G5000.lvlib:Initalize.vi

The : is OSx and not Windows file path, I don't know how to change it to a windows pathway. 

The initalize.vi is there under a public folder in the keyence LJ-G5000.lvlib.  I have tried moving it around and still nothing. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,149 Views)

I think we have 2 different issues here.

Regarding the original post: Zack, can you provide additional details about your communication error? Maybe an error code, screen shot...

Regarding the second post: Seals, what exactly are you attemting? The Call Library Function Node is intended to use .DLL files functinos in LabVIEW. I will wait to see if your problem is related to Zack's; if it is not, please create a new post.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,100 Views)

Camilo,

No, the problem is the same. Met Zach, turns out we are working on the same thing.  We talked to customer support and sent them the drivers.  Turns out the dll file has something that labview does not support when creating a executable.  I wish I could be more descriptive but I am new to most of this.  I am including the keyence drivers and example VIs.  Keyence does not support their drivers only offers them as a free download.  Zach created a great working VI incorporating motion code using aerotech drivers but sadly we can not create an executable due to the keyence.  We need to combine encoder counts with measurement readings and to use the application on a computer that does not have labview. 

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,065 Views)
So, does the error only occur on a different pc? Did you install the LabVIEW runtime and the Data folder by creating an installer?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,054 Views)

Hi to everyone,

i have the same problem with the KEYENCE LJ-V7000 Library.......anyone have resolve the problem?

Nicola

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,729 Views)

Hi, 

it's been a while since the question was asked but today I had the same problem and could only find such forums with question but no solution. 

Nevertheless I've managed to solve the issue and maybe there will be more like me.
The Problem is the path to the .dll. In the standard .vi of Keyence those only get the correct path in develepmont enviroment. I've change the path manually to the .dll and it worked with no problems so far. 
For easy debugging and to understand the problem just put an indicator to this path and compare the one in Labview and after you have made an executable out of it. 

BenBod

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,015 Views)

The problem is that the Keyence provided drivers (if they provide one, not all their devices have such a driver) try to be smart and determine the DLL path at runtime. Only the used function in private/Get DLL Path.vi isn't very smart and uses a convention that was valid long long ago in LabVIEW previous to version 8.0. Currently the internal path to a VI in a build executable can be much more complicated as it contains more or less the entire hierarchy.

Basically that VI should be changed to something like this:

DLL Path.png

This works for both the old pre LabVIEW 8.0 build applications as well as for >= 8.0 build applications. It requires that you make sure the Keyence DLLs are all placed in the executable directory as was the case with the previous solution too. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 8 of 9
(2,996 Views)

Ok, thanks for your help. So with my workaround I managed to get it run but I didn't like the way I did with the setting of an constant path. 

Would have been nice to see this answer 5h earlier, would have saved me some time 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,981 Views)