From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyence Camera Send Data to Labview

Hi to All,

Is there anyone here who can help me regarding my problem.

I am familiar with Keyence camera but for the labview, i feel sorry.

Please help or teach me how can i send the camera data (CV-X100A) into labview.

In camera I am reading the barcode but i want the barcode data will send into labview and show it in panel board. Thanks in advance. God bless.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,381 Views)

I haven't been able to find out anything about these cameras.  If they follow the GenICam standard, then LabVIEW's IMAQdx driver might be able to communicate with it.  Do you have NI's Vision Application Software installed on your system?  If so, plug in your camera (USB or Ethernet), open MAX, and see if the Camera shows up under Devices and Interfaces (you might need to open Network Devices).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,351 Views)

do you have video tutorial? I will try and inform you after. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,322 Views)

@Mrrivera07 wrote:

do you have video tutorial? I will try and inform you after. Thank you. 

I don't understand the question, but the answer is almost sure to be "No, I have no video tutorial, whatever that is".  Did you understand what I was asking?  Do you know what "MAX" is (NI's Measurement and Automation eXplorer, which is installed when you install LabVIEW and Device drivers -- it may be called "NI MAX" in the list of Programs in the Start Menu under National Instruments)?  To provide any help to you, we really need to understand your system, which MAX can tell us ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,319 Views)

I just happened to come across a Keyence CV-X422 system which is supposedly similar to yours. Basically the cameras are attached to that controller which runs its own graphical configurable software that does all the acquisition, image analysis and processing. You then have function blocks to send out signals over digital IO lines, but also some to send the variables that you created in your configuration to various IO protocols including RS-232,  Ethernet, but also FTP, EtherNet/IP, a.o. The fields that you specify to export to Ethernet are basically send as tab, comma or another character separated spread sheet string to the configurered TCP/IP port. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,299 Views)