LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 6221 Wave plot

Hello,

Can anyone help me plot a square wave of amplitude versus time from the current source KE-6221.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,561 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums. I do have a few questions:

Are you running into errors? What portion of the code do you need assistance at? I currently do not have the driver so some of your functions I cannot see.

Thanks,

-Brian J. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,500 Views)

Hello,

The 6221 driver is freely available directly from Keithley's website (https://www.tek.com/specialty-instruments/6220-software/622x-native-labview-2009-driver-version-100-...).

There are no errors in this code.

What I am trying to do is have a live plot of the 6221's AC wave amplitude versus real time. right now I'm only getting amplitude versus time

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,498 Views)

You need to explain your application a little more. What are you trying to measure?  Do you want to be able to change the amplitude and see the change reflected in the plot?  If so you need to redesign the application, probably using a State Machine design. 

You're code simply sets up the 6221 to supply an AC waveform at 1 amplitude.  It then runs a While loop plotting the amplitude of that waveform versus time...which is redundant since the value never changes.  Don't confuse changing the indicators on the front panel with changes to the instrument.  Your code does not change the amplitude setting on the instrument, so you will only ever plot a single value versus time.   For that you need to have a mechanism to trigger code to send commands to change amplitude to the instrument.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,488 Views)

I want to be able to see the current change from positive to negative in real time. I then want to sync the current vs time coming out of the 6221 with another instrument's voltage vs time. I can't find anything that measures AC out of the 6221. If anyone can measure the AC vs time that's what I need.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,482 Views)

The 6221 is a simple (though highly accurate) current source with GPIB control.  That does not mean it can update and display the current to you in real time. 

If you want to capture the AC current from the 6221 in real time you need a scope or a current loop to measure the current.  If you are already capturing the voltage vs time, why measure current too?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,472 Views)

Okay, I see it's not possible from this device alone.

Well I wanted to see Voltage/time and Current/time synchronized to check for a delay and compensate my results to match. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,464 Views)