From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KUSB-3116 Error 1004

Greetings. I am still learning LabView so please bare with me:)

I have a Keithly KUSB-3116 DAQ system. It has Analog inputs and Outputs along with digital ins/outs. I have been trying to run the example VI's supplied with the install program. Thus far I have been able to use the D to A VI, that is the Analog output. This tells me that the box works and the comm link works via USB.

What does not work is the Analog input to chan 0. I get an error code 1004. As I have tried to trace the error I pushed down into the sub vi's to where it looks like a DLL file is being called. I checked the path of the file and it is where it should be.

DTLVLink32.DLL

I have taken screen shots of what I have got, I hope this is enough info for one of you to offer some assistance.

labview1004A.JPGlabview1004B.JPGlabview1004C.JPGlabview1004D.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,172 Views)

Hi mnauss,

where it looks like a DLL file is being called.

Yes, that's an CLFN

But the error doesn't originate from this DLL call: there is an "OK" on the error wire. The "1004" is the "function return" value, which is set as error code using the error handling function afterwards.

So the point is: you need to read the manual for this device driver to learn about the meaning of this error code! It should be decribed there…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,143 Views)