LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iterate the waveform elements in a graph programatically to show or hide?

I want to create a checkbox to turn on or off the display (and do other things) of a waveform in a graph control that is plotting an array of waveform. I don't see a way to iterate the waveforms being displayed. Say I want to hide (and do other things) to "Iso SP entering Meter" using a checkbox. I do understand how to use the checkbox to trigger the event.

Image 8.png

When I set up the code in the Graph I don't see a collection, it seems to default to the first element in the waveform. In this case "Hand trigger". "Data" is my graph control name.

Image 9.png

I want to show or hide elements as well as trigger analysis and the display of that analysis of that particular element in a 1d array of displayed waveform.

How? Is this possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(775 Views)

Hi flycast,

as usual you get information from "classic" LabVIEW users:

There's an "ActivePlot" property to select the active plot before you start to change plot properties.

(The same way as with those ActiveScale properties visible in your image.)

Another note: in classic LabVIEW you can enable checkmarks directly in the plot legend using the context menu (aka right-click menu)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(742 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi flycast,

as usual you get information from "classic" LabVIEW users

Thanks. I am beginning to think I should switch to classic LabVIEW!

I tried active plot but perhaps I used an integer index or string and it was out of range? I will try again and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(722 Views)