LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues plotting multiple plots on waveform chart/graph

Hi there,

im having a few issues and spent forever looking through threads but still cant figure out why my graph or chart wont show more than one plot line?

can anyone suggest what i might be doing wrong?

tearing my hair out at this stage, still very much a beginner 

any help greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,225 Views)

Why do you use "cluster to array"? Wire the cluster directly to the chart. (Despite your subject title, charts and graphs are very different. Make sure you know the difference!) 

(If you need help in the future, please attach the VI instead of showing an oversized, truncated picture with overlapping wires going in all directions.)

There are many more things wrong with your code, for example converting a scalar to an array with one elements does not make a lot of sense. You can compare two scalar with "min&max". Your "array" never has more than two elements and I doubt that's what you want. Start with a few simple LabVIEW tutorials. Also have a look at the ptbypt functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,206 Views)

Thanks for input,

Very new to this so alot of trial and error. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,201 Views)

what is the best method to use if i want to replace the chart with a graph??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,193 Views)

The best thing to do is to be certain you understand the difference between Charts and Graphs in LabVIEW.  You also want to consider whether you are plotting data at a fixed point in time or time-varying data.

You seem to be new to the Forum, so probably don't know that it is minimally helpful to attach a mere picture of part of your Block Diagram -- attaching the VI itself (or, better, a compressed Folder holding the entire LabVIEW Project) makes it much easier for us to (a) understand what you are doing, (b) make constructive suggestions, (c) try your code and "find the errors", and (d) many other advantages.

It's also useful to have an understanding of the purpose of your code.  In this case, you seem to be dealing with data, so why don't you describe the data, how you are acquiring it, whether it is "static" or "evolving over time", etc.  Knowing the context is important in recommending techniques.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,187 Views)

Is there a sticky or something on how to attach Vi's as attachments?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,183 Views)

When you write a Reply, at the bottom of the Window you write in is a button called "Choose File" (left side -- the right side has the Cancel and Post buttons).  Click "Choose File", you'll get a File Explorer window, find your VI, and click it to choose it.  You can attach up to three files this way, or you can compress a folder of files (creating a .ZIP file on your disk) and attach the .zip (most of us know how to open these).

Attach File.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,175 Views)

@Newton1878 wrote:

what is the best method to use if i want to replace the chart with a graph??

Replacing a chart with a graph is easy, just "right-click...replace...", but it won't make sense here. The best method requires you to understand the difference and chose what is correct for the task.

• Where does the data come from and what is the loop rate?
  • Obviously, you cannot collect data forever without running out of memory. A chart has a built-in buffer that retains the last N point (configurable). If you want to use a graph, you need to create your own history buffer and I don't think you are ready to do that. It also would not make sense.

Please attach the entire code so we can get a better understanding of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,166 Views)