From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Compilation of FPGA exe on 2015

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am having an issue with an FPGA compilation in LabVIEW 2015.  I go to build and I get a request for the 2012 Visual C++ Redistributable.  I install this, and yet I get an error that suggests that it is not installed.  After this, everytime I got to compile, it asks for this redistributable, and when the install screen comes up, it says repair (indicating that the code is there).  This looks like

cpp_redistr_fpga.png

And the error I get is

fpga_redistr_error.png

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cirrusio

Hi cirrusio,

It could be that Vivado 2014.4 might be trying to access a version of the MS Visual C++ Redistributable newer than the one being referenced in the error message, version 11.0.60610. Do you know if you have any newer versions of the Redistributable on your machine, such as 11.0.61030? You might try uninstalling these.

The Xilinx forum thread I’ve linked below also has a few good suggestions:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-Xilinx-SDK-Error-Incorrect-Visual-C-V...

If you figure anything out, let us know what you did!

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(4,461 Views)

Hallelujah!  Looks like getting the Redistributable from MS directly is fixing it.  Now in synthesis mode.  

It appears that the x64 build that is distributed with the FPGA module (Vivado) is bad.  Will let you know how it goes, but I think we are now on the right track.  That being said, the Generating Xilinx IP took almost 15 minutes - longer than I have ever seen before.  Hopefully this is a first run thing.

Thanks, c

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,444 Views)

Ugh...getting this error again (!) with the most recent version of the FPGA/Xilinx tools.  What is the deal with this?  Surely I am not the only one dealing with this issue.  Once again installing from the x64 redistributable downloaded from MS on the previous attempt.  Will update if unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,256 Views)

Did you solve this?  I'm getting it now out of the blue.  Has been working for months.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,977 Views)

Hi ebeam,

Have you addressed what version of the MS Visual C++ Redistributable you have? If Vivado is trying to access a newer version, you could see this error. A recommendation would be to uninstall these newer versions (if possible).

Also, you might have greater visibility if you try creating a new thread (since this one is several months old now)!

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,956 Views)

I think I just had to reboot my machine and the error went away.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,817 Views)

I started having this problem after a "recommended" Windows patch.

Loosely following some of the instructions on the Xilinx forum thread (linked above), I renamed every instance of xvcredist.exe. I had four copies. Mine were in the win64 and win32 folders in:

C:\NIFPGA\programs\Vivado2014_4\tps\

AND in:

C:\NIFPGA\programs\Vivado2013_4

Seems to have fixed the problem, as my compile has now made it past six minutes. (It was failing after 16 seconds.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,574 Views)