cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in connecting sub VI programs through the main program

Solved!
Go to solution

Sir/Madam,

I have made a few sub VI  programs of 'Keithley 2400', but I am having problem in connecting them together through the main program. Actually the created sub VI programs are not showing  any activation button when I connect 'action.vi' file in 'read.vi' file (attachted). 

Please give suggestions.

Regards

Yachika Manglik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 92
(3,019 Views)

You need to connect up your controls and indicators to the connector pane in order to have inputs and outputs for your subVIs.

LabVIEW Basics
LabVIEW 101

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 92
(3,003 Views)

Thanks for quick response.

Can you please elaborate on how to connect the controls and indicators on the connector pane? Also where is the dialog box for the connector pane?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 92
(2,929 Views)
-I cannot see you vi because i have lv12 (try saving it to previous by File>>save for previous version)
-From crossrulz comment i thought this is where you are missing. Please check
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/building_connector_pane/
and http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/assigning_controls_and_ind/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 92
(2,920 Views)

Thanks for quick suggestion.

I am sending you converted labview programs of version 12. Now can you elaborate how to connect controls and indicators on connector pane?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 92
(2,903 Views)

In continuing to first message , the attached files are here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 92
(2,901 Views)

Yes, Did you follow my second link properly? That will exactly guide you how to connect controls and indicators on the connector pane.

-For example Please follow this link which shows how to connect controls and indicators to connector pane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFfD59YSn3w

-Please connect the appropriate wires and it Will work.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 92
(2,898 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have successfully implemented connections in my code according to your given suggestion .

Now I am facing problem to link a file named 'control1.ctl'(attached) that I have made for selecting option 'select type of action' and need to add' control1.ctl' in  'read.vi' file. It is showing  following error( below).

Error: " required input ' GPIB action' is not wired.

OR

"Enumeric conflict"

So can you please suggest how this error can be removed?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 92
(2,871 Views)
Hi that's really great to hear.
-Will definitely help-please post it in lv12 please(I cannot see your vis)
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 92
(2,867 Views)

Hello

The converted version of VI's are attached here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 92
(2,859 Views)