cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue building LabVIEW executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

When I build my LabVIEW executable I run into the following error (never seen this before). It references an input parameter and a GPIB but not sure how to track down the possible issue - the VI runs fine. 

Error - "Error 1 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi"

Running LabVIEW 2018 Sp1

My VIs etc. are organised in a project

See attached slide showing more details.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,156 Views)

The fact that you are building from a network drive concerns me.  It is possible that the builder could not access one of the VIs or you don't have access to the build location.  It could also be due to heavy network activity blocking the ability to access the folder.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,149 Views)

Thanks, I considered that as a possible cause. I ran into a folder permission issue for another build this morning but that worked in the end so wasn't sure. My connection is over a VPN to my workplace. I will try later perhaps when network will be less busy.

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrenS

Did you just move (or copied) the project?

If you programmed a relative path, higher then the project, and move the project to a location where this destination can't be made, I do expect an error (not sure if it's this error).

So, if your build destination was c:\1\2\3\build, because your project was at c:\1\2\3\project, and you move the project to e:\, there might be issues with creating \build relative to the new project location. The issue could be user rights, or simply that it's an invalid path.

Your project root seems to be only one level deep, so if you just moved it there, I'd try to put it in a subdirectory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,140 Views)

Thanks for suggesting that - it worked this time with a subdirectory

I have limited access on my work laptop regards permissions and its over the VNP and they do act up from time to time. 

All the best,

Brendan 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,129 Views)