From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue adding timestamps to array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm attempting to augment a VI available from ATI to read a 6 axis sensor, and am having issues adding timestamps to each row of data. I can currently add timestamps, but they appear in a row below the force and torque data. I would like them to appear in the 1st column, and the data to be added to the subsequent columns (see below):

what I have:

image 1.JPG

What I would like:

image 2.JPG

I have included the VI (not sure if all the sub VI's are needed), and they part I'm augmenting is to the right in the block diagram. Last time I worked with labVIEW was 2 years ago, and I am a bit over my head. I apologize for the inputs to some of the array tools, I have been searching the forums piecing together previous solutions and help so I don't understand everything I have done here.

image 3.JPG

Additionally, if anyone can help me understand the "index into array" function, specifically in regards to "index 0...n-1" I would be very grateful. I feel like that is the key here, as it states that I can insert arrays into specific columns by wiring 3 to a specific index input, but I have no idea what they are referring to.

Thank you very much for the time and patience.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,969 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBlevins

The problem is your are creating a1-D array of of time/date, have a 2-D array of values converted to as 2-D string array.  Then concatenate the 1-D array to the bottom of the 2-D array.

Also, it is rather pointless to insert a string of date/time into an empty 1-D array.  It just leaves you a 1 element 1-D array.

There is also an easier way to format the current time into as String.

augment_atidaqftmx_BD

Message 2 of 3
(3,962 Views)

Hello RavensFan,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and help, I appreciate it. I changed the program per your recommendation and it worked as desired (I did flip the time and data inputs so that the time appears before the data).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,918 Views)