LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is using a cluster the best way to do this....

Solved!
Go to solution

I am wondering is there is a better way to group the controls on the right of the vi (see attached). So that when you click an arrow all the boxed copy that action.

Chaz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,058 Views)

xXChazXx wrote:

I am wondering is there is a better way to group the controls on the right of the vi (see attached). So that when you click an arrow all the boxed copy that action.

Chaz

Hi Chaz,

I really did not understand your Q so if this post does not help, please forgive me.

rather than read the file twie in two different forms I'd read it once and format each field as required. In the figure below You will see how I modified your code.

1) I read the file as strings so I can get the date correctly (if I did numbers I'd loose the date)

2) The 2d array of strings is wired to a For loop with an auto-indexing input terminal. This slices of one row at a time.

3) A re-sized "Index Array" pulls out each filed of the row.

4) The first two filed are text so I keep them that way.

5) The numerics are converted to numbers.

6) A Bundle by Name node assembles a cluster that represents each row.

7) The auto-indexing output tunnel creates an array of clusters

😎 On the front panel, the array of clusters uses free lbels to label the collumns

9) the index control of the array is hidden and the verticle scrool bar is visable.

I hope that helps,

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 01-16-2009 07:45 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 7
(3,036 Views)

Thanks, will try that out 🙂

What I meant was if you look on the original on the right hand side. You will see 6 boxes. I was just wondering how to make it so that they all move together rather than having to click each one.

Will let you know if I encounter any problems

Chaz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,029 Views)

xXChazXx wrote:

Thanks, will try that out 🙂

What I meant was if you look on the original on the right hand side. You will see 6 boxes. I was just wondering how to make it so that they all move together rather than having to click each one.

Will let you know if I encounter any problems

Chaz

Wire up the diagram I showed you and you should be able to scroll the array of clusters using the scrool bar.

"Try it. You'll like it!"*

Ben

* What advertising campaign did that expresion come from?

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 7
(3,023 Views)

I tryed that, but i cannot get the final part to wire correctly 😞

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xXChazXx

You are mis-matching data types. You need to place the cluster inside an array.

Array Matrix Cluster palette -> Array control

drag and drop your cluster inside the array.

Or right click on the output tunnel in your loop and select create -> indicator

Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,936 Views)