From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any particularly handy/quick way to disable controls (multicolumn listbox) while executing the associated hardware outputs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Forgive me if the post title is unclear, let me try and explain what I need to do here-

In the application I'm currently working on, the user interface utilizes multi column listboxes in several places where a value set (a row) is selected, and based on the row/set chosen, relays/hardware are toggled to match a certain configuration (which is then checked with feedback).  The trouble is, I can easily rush the UI and make the program stutter and choke ...

I just put my finger down in one of the rows in the listbox, and slide my finger up and down the screen like a 5 year old seeing a touch panel for the first time - it attempts to cache/buffer every input.  after I stop being 5 years old again I sit back and listen to the click clacking of relays for a bit.  One of these list boxes I already implemented enable and disable chunks of code to implement right before digital output, and renable the controls right after feedback has been checked.  It was kind of a pain to do, so I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do it.

Any idea or suggestions appreciated!

thanks

-Pat

PS- i got training till the weekend so I probably wont be quick to reply, but again thx for any info

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,148 Views)

Hey PatLyons,

Have you considered using a Menu Ring or possibly an Enum? The Menu Ring functions similar to a drop down menu in which you can select one item at a time. This would eliminate your problem with a simple keyboard slip to toggle between multiple control options.

Hope this helps!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,123 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author plyons.gks

Use a "Mouse Up" event instead of a "Value Change" event.

Message 3 of 5
(2,101 Views)

good call!

thank you very much pcardinale! 

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,087 Views)

EDIT: sorry bout that. I think I posted too early...I found my issue.

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,061 Views)