LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to let a LabVIEW program tell me what is the right slot where the counter cable should be inserted?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi again,
as mentioned in the subject I want to know if there is a way to realise that in a labview program? it doesnt make much sense to me but my boss wants me to change the program to make it tell the user if the counter cable is inserted in the right place in the BNC box or not.

A little background: I have a lock in amplifier program for a certain laser expirement that we are doing and the counter part should get frequency of the chopper.

The counter part should be the lower part in the attached picture.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,753 Views)

@Amr95 wrote:

it doesnt make much sense to me but my boss wants me to change the program to make it tell the user if the counter cable is inserted in the right place in the BNC box or not.

About all you can do is try to detect the signal and tell the user to check te connection when nothing is there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,738 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amr95

detection of a missing counter signal is one thing.

For a calibration routine I made myself pictures and show them before the routine starts 🙂

If a counter input is choosen in the setup, the device is known. Using the hardware node (system configuration) you can optain all information needed.

Here is an example... frontpanels copied quick&dirty copied from the manuals ..

5922 ADJUST.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,691 Views)