LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to output a string and numeric to the front panel without the border around it?

Solved!
Go to solution

I know I can change the border around a string or numeric output to the screen by using Modern or Classic, but is it possible to output strings and numerics to the front panel without the small border around it? This would be especially useful for front panels that I would like to print out.

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuck72352

You are half way there by using the classic versions. The next step is to break out your paint tool and paint the color of the border as transparent.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 10
(2,837 Views)

Hi,

You should customize your command, right click on command or indicator -> advanced -> customize

Greg S.
CNRS
LV 7.1 8.2 8.6 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014
LPMC - CNRS
N'oubliez pas de complimenter cela fait toujours plaisir.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,833 Views)

Thanks, that worked great!

Chuck

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,832 Views)
I dont know how to customize it to eliminate the border once in the customize screen.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,827 Views)
You can't eliminate it. All that you can do is to color it transparent, and as Ben already pointed out, you do not need to go into the control editor to do that.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,819 Views)
as the others said u can just put transparent but once customize you don't have to repat the step to do it
Greg S.
CNRS
LV 7.1 8.2 8.6 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014
LPMC - CNRS
N'oubliez pas de complimenter cela fait toujours plaisir.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,797 Views)

Wow...I must say, I prefer the look of the "Classic" string much more than the "Modern" string control.  It looks more...Modern..hrmm.

Can I piggy-back on this question?  Is there anyway to default to the classic string when I right-click a SubVI input or output and select "Create Control" or "create Indicator"?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,787 Views)

Nickerbocker wrote:

Can I piggy-back on this question?  Is there anyway to default to the classic string when I right-click a SubVI input or output and select "Create Control" or "create Indicator"?

Sort of. In the LabVIEW Option, Front Panel section you can set the control style for new VIs. However, this only works for primitives. When doing "Create Control" on a subVI input or output this does not apply, as the style that's used in the subVI will be used.

Message 9 of 10
(2,773 Views)
Oh, thats right.  No biggie.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,757 Views)