From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to minimize an already opened VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Aldhair,

this is no default ini file!

Otherwise it would like similar to this:

[APP-Name]
server.app.propertiesEnabled=True
server.ole.enabled=True
server.tcp.paranoid=True
server.tcp.serviceName="Mein Computer/VI-Server"
server.vi.callsEnabled=True
server.vi.propertiesEnabled=True
WebServer.TcpAccess="c+*"
WebServer.ViAccess="+*"
DebugServerEnabled=False
DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False

But well, there is an AppNote from NI

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 11 of 14
(338 Views)

Thanks again. 

For the moment I cannot modify the ini file but in case I do so, that's the only way to do this?

Because the Idea is to not modify the Source Code and modifying or replacing the ini file might be a problem if the user is not admin.

What do you think?

Because I have some admin rights in the Computer but I cannot modify the file. 

Regards.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(336 Views)

Hi Aldhair,

1. To enable remote VIServer access to your app you need to modify the ini file as written in the AppNote.

2. You want to have remote access to your LabVIEW app.

Conclusion: When combining point 1 and 2 you need to modify the ini file of the app…

Because I have some admin rights in the Computer but I cannot modify the file. 

What are just "some" admin right? And why can't you modify the ini file?

Because the Idea is to not modify the Source Code and modifying or replacing the ini file might be a problem if the user is not admin.

To provide an update for an existing application means to change source code and/or change the ini file while updating the app…

How do you want to update your app (update = "providing new functionality") when you don't want to change anything?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 13 of 14
(332 Views)

If I open the ini file, modify it and then save it  I get "Acces prohibited".

I managed to change it by saving it in the desktop and then moving it into the folder.

What are just "some" admin right?

I don't know I thought I was admin I don't know I can't do that without problems

To provide an update for an existing application means to change source code and/or change the ini file while updating the app…

How do you want to update your app (update = "providing new functionality") when you don't want to change anything?

Because it was told to me, to not to. Because the LabVIEW app that calls this other app can be used for any Teststand and LabVIEW version. Because takes the Teststand Operator Interface directly from the National Instruments Directories.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(327 Views)