LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NI Scan Engine available for myRIO or sbRIO?

Solved!
Go to solution

I see info on NI Scan Engine for cRIO.  Does this exist for myRIO or sbRIO?  I cannot find this setting when I make a new project.  This is for a prospective project.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,531 Views)
You can use the NI Scan Engine with onboard and installed modules on the sbRIO-9631 and sbRIO-9641: Check with supported hardware : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372603F-01/riohelprt/supported_hardware_rt/
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 6
(4,517 Views)

Thanks for the link.  I see that it is a 2010 link.  Is there a newer link or has this been updated for all current hardware for 2015 or 2016?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,509 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry_ALE

August 2015 help:  https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373197G-01/target6devicehelp/supported_hardware_rt/

Clemens | Technical Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,473 Views)

Notably, the myRIO and e.g. sbRIO9636 and 9637 are not on the list.

I guess the scan engine is mostly for users that don't have the FPGA module, just the RT. Once you have the FPGA module, it is trivial to write your own "scan engine", of course.

Message 5 of 6
(4,444 Views)

For the latest Single-Board RIO controllers (sbRIO-9607, sbRIO-9627, sbRIO-9637), all of the onboard I/O requires LabVIEW FPGA as it does not support Scan Engine mode. However, if you use the NI 9697 or build a custom RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC) for the sbRIO-9607 or sbRIO-9627 in order to add a couple of board-only C Series modules, then those modules are supported in Scan Engine mode (assuming the module is normally supported in Scan Engine mode on CompactRIO).

Message 6 of 6
(4,438 Views)