LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Is NI PXIe-4081 supported under LabVIEW 2013 DS2

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

I need to use a new PXIe DMM and the previous developer chose the PXIe-4081

The challenge is that I cannot change the underlying application and it uses the NI Developer Suite 2013 APIs.  The 2013 DMM Drivers are NI-DMM v3.1 and NI-DAQmx 9.7.5; so, that is what I have installed.  I have found in the past that I can safely update drivers as long as they are compatible with LabView 2013 (since it uses the same APIs.

 

When I run NI MAX it flags that there is no Windows driver associated with it; so, something seems wrong.

 

Is NI-DMM v3.1 compatible with the PXIe-4081? 
Where do I find the required driver version number and what version of LabView the driver will work with?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markshancock
04-25-2019 09:03 AM

It looks like you need NI-DMM 15.2 for that hardware. It is compatible with LV 2013, the full compatibility is found here. You should be able to use any version of NI-DMM from 15.2 to 17.1 with those 2 requirements.



CLA // LabVIEW 2016 // BALUG // Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
Message 2 of 6
(94 Views)

Gregory,

     That is great! Thanks!

     One question:

         I see how you know NI-DMM from 15.2 to 17.1 works with LV2013, thanks on that.

         How do I know tell what driver version(s) are required for the PXIe-4081?

         Do I search each driver version release notes to find out if the PXIe-4081 is supported?  UGLY

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(69 Views)





@Gregory wrote:

compatibility is found here. You should be able to use any version of NI-DMM from 15.2 to 17.1


While looking at the version 17.0 release notes. NI-DMM stops listing LV2013

NI Application Software Versions Support by NI-DMM 17.0
NI LabVIEW 2014 SP1, 2015 SP1, 2016, 2017
NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module 2014 SP1, 2015, 2016, 2017
LabWindows™/CVI™ 2009 and later
LabWindows™/CVI™ Real-Time Module 2010 and later

 

Version 17.1 adds an auto-range enhancement; but, I will probably just stick with 16.0 to be safe.
After looking more at the pattern of this and NI-DCPwr LV compatibility, it look like they do 4 years (13-16).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(65 Views)

@markshancock wrote:

Gregory,

     That is great! Thanks!

     One question:

         I see how you know NI-DMM from 15.2 to 17.1 works with LV2013, thanks on that.

         How do I know tell what driver version(s) are required for the PXIe-4081?

         Do I search each driver version release notes to find out if the PXIe-4081 is supported?  UGLY


That is how I found it Smiley Frustrated It seems like there must be a better way though!



CLA // LabVIEW 2016 // BALUG // Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
Message 5 of 6
(55 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

@markshancock wrote:

Gregory,

     That is great! Thanks!

     One question:

         I see how you know NI-DMM from 15.2 to 17.1 works with LV2013, thanks on that.

         How do I know tell what driver version(s) are required for the PXIe-4081?

         Do I search each driver version release notes to find out if the PXIe-4081 is supported?  UGLY


That is how I found it Smiley Frustrated It seems like there must be a better way though!


I agree, seem like adding a link to the required to the support page for the card would be VERY helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(52 Views)