LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Case structure what I need (newbie)

Dennis, Eric,

No idea what the instrument drivers/wizard will do but I'll give this a look. Got to admit when I hear driver or instrument driver

I keep thinking of the CDs that come with a vendor's hardware. Got to stop thinking like this in Labview.

Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(238 Views)
The whole point of an instrument driver is to abstract the low level communication details of the instrument. For example, you could have a function to turn the furnace on or off. The function would have a single Boolean control. The block diagram would read the control and format your control string, add the checksum, do the VISA write. You would need to spend some time deciding which functions you need and what instrument commands to group together in a single function.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(222 Views)

I am very impressed with your attitude so far.  Probably the most impressive thing is that you understand that you are just a neophyte and need the proper guidance to be successful.  Yet it's only guidance that you want.  You need someone to point you in the right direction and then you are perfectly willing to do the legwork and apply what you've learned.  Keep it up!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(210 Views)