From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke Run of non re-entrant on a block diagram in the same call chain

I use GOOP a lot and at the moment I am trying to write a automatic serialiser. To accomplish this I am trying to run the _GetAttribute.vi as a call by reference but as the terminal for the class will vary depending on the caller I need to use invoke run, where the VI reference is opened using the path.

This works fine when the _GetAttributes.vi isn't placed on the block diagram, but when it is I get error 1000 out of the invoke node.

Is there any work around for this or am I taking the wrong approach?

I've attached a simplified and the actual project I'm using.

OpenG required for actual project and run the tester vi in the child class

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(245 Views)

Hi Jashcroft,

I once wanted to do that and stumbled upon the same problems.

Some suggestions:

- Make "<class>_GetAttributes.vi" reentrant;

- Create a reentrant wrapper method for "<class>_GetAttributes.vi", which you can call dynamically;

- Create a dynamic dispatch method "Serialize.vi" method for each class, which will contain the serialization code and output a string.

However it implies modifying all your classes, thus making the idea of an "automatic serializer" lose a bit of its interest.

Alternatively you could look into creating your own GOOP class template, e.g. "Serializable_Simple_4x4x4" or "Serializable_Singleton_4x4x4".

See this discussion for more infos.

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(222 Views)