From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Microchip ICD3 With Labview.

Are you able you program your PIC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 50
(1,866 Views)

Try this one.

Yes i've programed loads of micochip ICs with labview, altho don't have the equipment before me right now so can't test myself. (And all the chips i've programed have had external power).

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 50
(1,855 Views)

Ya it was fine yesterday but today it says invalid power voltage mysteriously.

Here is the complete string

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5/M /Y /F"D:\pic26k22_tp2000_2003\PIC26K22_TP2000_2003.hex"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 50
(1,822 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Ya it was fine yesterday but today it says invalid power voltage mysteriously.

Here is the complete string

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5/M /Y /F"D:\pic26k22_tp2000_2003\PIC26K22_TP2000_2003.hex"

Guessing you need a space between /V5 and /M. so:

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5 /M /Y /F"D:\pic26k22_tp2000_2003\PIC26K22_TP2000_2003.hex"

Message 24 of 50
(1,819 Views)

Hi its working but something strange has happened. Attached image file for reference.

But if you see the ICD user interface first it connects and says running self test and all. Then after pressing button it should program and erase. But here what is happening is each time I run the VI it is doing all the things again.

Any solution for that?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 50
(1,816 Views)

After programming its not verifying. Here is the string.

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5 /E /M /F"D:\Autocop PROJECTS\MPLAB\pic26k22_tp2000_2003\PIC26K22_TP2000_2003.hex"

Now only other problem persists.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 50
(1,809 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Hi its working but something strange has happened. Attached image file for reference.

But if you see the ICD user interface first it connects and says running self test and all. Then after pressing button it should program and erase. But here what is happening is each time I run the VI it is doing all the things again.

Any solution for that?

The ICD3CMD will connect to the ICD3 each time it's run, that's just the way it's set up. Not much you can do about that, altho the time spent connecting is minimal and shouldn't really matter even if you have to program loads of chips.

as to why the verification failed i can't say.

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

After programming its not verifying. Here is the string.

cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5 /E /M /F"D:\Autocop PROJECTS\MPLAB\pic26k22_tp2000_2003\PIC26K22_TP2000_2003.hex"

Now only other problem persists.

if you want it to verify after programing you need the /Y argument.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 50
(1,818 Views)

No Ralok what I mean to say is as soon we start ICD3. it connects. This is I also can do. When user presses the program it will erase then program or directly program but how to pass this arguments later after user presses the button.

Mean suppose user wants to program 10 chips then first time it will all the job but in the next time it should not connect but only argument we need to pass is E,M and F hex file path. Hope you got my point but. 

How to pass this argument next time. Here is what I tried

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 50
(1,814 Views)

Forget my last post. Just tell me how to erase only when user will press button from front panel. 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 50
(1,798 Views)

erase only would be "cmd /c ICD3CMD /P18F26K22 /V5 /E"

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 50
(1,786 Views)