From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact Basler Camera with Labiview and convert image colours in temperature

Hello,

as the title suggests I need to combine a Basler camera with labview ( version 8.6 or higher) and convert the colours of the image in temperature signals. I have some thermocouples which measure temperatures of a black paper which change colour with the temperature, so I would like either to:

1) define a calbiration curve so that for each colour corresponds a temperature

2) dinamically calibrate, so that labview reads the temperature from the tempscan and at the same time knows the colour and derive a curve of calibration (of course we are speaking about a high number of measurements of temperature: 24).

I guess the first method should be straightforwards, since I'm new to LV as well as to this camera I would like to know if you might give me any suggestion how to implement the curve of calibration and pick up the photo. The second method, I think is nice but quite difficult.

Thank you very much

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,059 Views)

Hi Antonio,

We have already spoken on the phone but I thought it would be a good idea to attach the very basic example code on here so that the community can see it.

The code converts a colour into a decimal number. This number can then be used with a look-up table or calibration curve to get the respective temperature signal.

Kind Regards

Michael
NIUK Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,008 Views)