From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intensity graph

Hello dear community,

I want to plot an intensity graph for the study of a transistor as you can see in the picture attached .

I writed a program but it doesn"t work since I m beginner in Labview, can someone please help?

You can find the program attached to this post

Thanks in advance for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,576 Views)

Hi Abdou,

it doesn"t work since I m beginner in Labview

It's because you missed to THINK DATAFLOW - the basic principle in LabVIEW!

Did you take those free beginner resources offered in the header of the LabVIEW board to learn LabVIEW?

Solution:

- get rid of DDT wires, either by using plain DAQmx functions or by converting the DDT wire to "nice" datatypes using FromDDT

- put the ExpressVIs into the loop: THINK DATAFLOW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,559 Views)

Thank you so much for your answer!

I only saw some videos about LabVIEW but thank you for this tool it s amazing now I understand why I should put them into the loop

I didn't get this : 

get rid of DDT wires, either by using plain DAQmx functions or by converting the DDT wire to "nice" datatypes using FromDDT

Can you please do it for me? I have deadline..

i Aattached the program

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,530 Views)

sorry it s not the correct VI

Please find attached the new one

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,526 Views)

Hi Abdou,

your VI is using the DAQAssistent to read 100 samples from two channels.

Then you display those 2×100 elements in an intensity graph.

This VI runs exactly as you have programmed it. What's wrong with it?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,510 Views)

I still can't find the graph! 

I did the modifications you told me to do as you can see in the VI, is that good?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,503 Views)

Hi Abdou,

I did the modifications you told me to do as you can see in the VI, is that good?

It gets better - but is far from "good"…

- Your DAQAssistent is set to read 1k samples at 10kHz samplerate, but you only use one sample of each channel!? Why not read just 1 sample with 10Hz?

- Your samples represent analogue voltages, but you use them as indices into an array: which element do you want to replace when the voltage signals return 3.5V?

- To know if your VI is "good" you need to run it: do you get the desired results?

To "get rid of ExpressVIs and DDT" you might read this about DAQmx!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,498 Views)

Thanks for this explanations!

-Actually I want to plot the graph attached here, so do you think I should one sample or 1K and how?

-I didn't know my simples are indices because I want their values in the array to plot the graph but when I used fromDDT it s the only wire that I can use...

Can you please modify that in the VI attached because I need to do it today or give me your watsup please? I will really appreciate that

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,484 Views)