LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument handle through a shift register generates error code "-1073807346"

Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked the VI hierarchy and all of the API references point to the LV 2011 version.

I am unable to post the code due to security issues.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(383 Views)

Then please log a call with NI and share your code with them.

If its a bug we need to know about it.

Take care,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(380 Views)

Ben,

I put together a similar vi using the config file palette. It worked fine in LV 8.6. It did not work in LV2010. I currently don't have a machine with LV 2009 installed to test it there. I have attached the test code I tried. Is this a bug or a fundamental change in LV?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(358 Views)

UNder 2010 SP1 it works OK from a caller invoking Init read close.

Just openeing th FP and invoking one at a time it fails as expected (see my early post on the VI going idle).

SO look fine to me.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(349 Views)

@NNS-CAO wrote:

Ben,

I put together a similar vi using the config file palette. It worked fine in LV 8.6. It did not work in LV2010. I currently don't have a machine with LV 2009 installed to test it there. I have attached the test code I tried. Is this a bug or a fundamental change in LV?

The Config file API was completely revised between 8.6 and 2009.  They do NOT work with each other

I kind of would like a break on the referance wire if 8.6 and 2009 apis are interchanged but know this is not possible-  You are not the first to find this expected operation  feature the hard way.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(345 Views)