LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Driver Import Wizard in Labview 2020

Hello! I'm trying to make a Plug&Play driver for the VT1419A in LabView 2020 by using .fp file, but instruction says that I should do this: "From the Tools»Instrumentation menu in LabVIEW, select Import CVI Instrument Driver". As I know, this is function of the Instrument Driver Import Wizard, but it says "This product is supported from NI LabVIEW 7.1 to LabVIEW 2019." Is there any another options to do this except using LabView 2019? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,575 Views)

Hello

I think its support for 2020 hasn't been done yet.

(2,525 Views)

I just downloaded LabView 2020 just to realise that I can now reformat the machine since I cannot install an earlier version of LabView. Is this going to be resolved anytime soon?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,373 Views)

@raphael.wittwer wrote:

I just downloaded LabView 2020 just to realise that I can now reformat the machine since I cannot install an earlier version of LabView. Is this going to be resolved anytime soon?

Given your issue is completely different than the original, it helps to create your own thread.

When you do so, it'll help to describe what you're running into that makes you believe you cannot install an older version.  I just verified I could start an older installation.  Are you running into errors?  If you don't want 2020, have you tried uninstalling and then installing the other version?  

With that information, people in your thread can help point you in the correct direction.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,350 Views)

Hi Bo

my post was a bit oversimplified. Of course I can install an older LV version, however I have to reinstall or at least repair the DAQmx installation from the newer version afterwards.

I opened a ticket with NI support in the meantime. The functionality will be added, however the timeline is not clear as yet. I am in contact with support who have opened a discussion with R&D.

My solution currently is the following: I installed LabView 2019 32bit first, unaware that the driver is only 64bit. Now I also installed LabView 2019 64bit, and have imported the IVI driver through this. Now this probably also means that I have to install LabView 2020 64bit so I can use the driver created in LV 2019 64bit.

Thanks,

Raphael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,345 Views)

I am looking forward to Instrument Driver Import Wizard 2020.

Jérôme DILLET
Ingénieur de Recherche CNRS
LEMTA - INPL BP 160
2 avenue de la foret de Haye,
F-54504 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,195 Views)

Hey together,

I just saw, that version 2020 is available via the NI Package manager

Wizard 20.JPG

0 Kudos