LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instancing labview indicators and/or sub-VI's?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to create multiple instances of a LabVIEW indicator or sub-VI while the top-level VI is running?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a network of wireless acceleration sensors all being monitored by a LabVIEW VI. Each sensor sends packets to the VI containing sensor ID, acceleration data and sensor status. I have a subVI that displays data (using a chart) and status information for a single radio. I would like to set up my main VI so that whenever a sensor module connects to the network it can create an instance of this subVI for that particular sensor. Is there a way to do something like this?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zazoo

Hi,

To create instances of a subVI , go to the VI properties of the Sub VI (by right clicking on the VI Icon on the Top Right corner) >> Excecution>>Re-entrant execution. Tick this option and drop your subVI where ever required. Every time it is used, a new instance is created. Also you can try a .vit file(VI Template) which works in instances.

Regards,
NitzZ

(Give Kudos to Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 2 of 2
(2,021 Views)