cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I keep getting a -125090 error when installing LabVIEW. I looked at https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Z6zSAE&l=en-US and tried the solution but I got the error again when installing again. I was using my computer's admin acct both times I attempted to install Lab View. The first time, got the User account run as administrator prompt and accepted it. The second time, per the instructions of the link above, I right clicked > Run as Administrator. 

How should I proceed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,467 Views)

More information would be useful. What's your OS? What LabVIEW version are you trying to install? (Version &bitness)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(6,457 Views)

I'm using Windows 10 pro build 1903 64 bit version. I'm trying to install 2018 32 bit. (The download link my professor provided is http://www.ni.com/download/ni-elvismx-software-bundle-18.0/7438/en/)

I realize that the bits are different, but I generally think that a 32 bit software should run ok on a 64 bit system. Also, the download page doesn't list it as 32 bit but as seen in the screenshot, the software regesters as 32 bit32 bit.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,421 Views)

I realize that because it appears on my start menu that it may have installed correctly, but I want to make sure that the shortcut was created despite the software not loading properly

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,420 Views)

Here's the Installation  summary:

One or more errors occurred
Installation Failed
  LabVIEW 2018 English
These products failed to install due to missing prerequisites, a system error, or cancellation. Either install these prerequisites or reboot your computer, as appropriate, and then retry this installer. If this problem persists, contact National Instruments support at ni.com/support.
Activation Failed
  LabVIEW 2018 Control Design and Simulation Module (Approximate installation time: 15-20 minutes)*
  LabVIEW 2018 MathScript RT Module (Approximate installation time: 15-20 minutes)*
  Multisim 14.1.0 (Approximate installation time: 20-25 minutes)*
Retry activation after launching the above products.
Installed
  LabVIEW 2018 Control Design and Simulation Module (Approximate installation time: 15-20 minutes)*
  LabVIEW 2018 MathScript RT Module (Approximate installation time: 15-20 minutes)*
  NI ELVISmx 18.0 (Approximate installation time: 25-30 minutes)*
To install these products again, navigate to the following location and run "Installer\setup.exe":
"C:\National Instruments Downloads\NI ELVISmx Software\18.0 (web-based)"
To install these products on another computer, copy the entire contents of the above directory, including subdirectories, to the other computer and run "Installer\setup.exe". NI recommends that you do not delete or move this installer, in case you need it for future installations, repair, or application deployment.

Installation Details
Installation Summary
No software installed or removed.
Installation Summary
Installation Summary
NI ELVISmx 18.0 (Approximate installation time: 25-30 minutes)*
Installation Summary

=======================================================
I'm more concerned about the installation issue, because there's no point in activating a failed installation.  Do you think that it was just a warning and the program would function properly?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(6,399 Views)

According to your posts, you have installed the Elvis II Driver package.  Before you can use it, you must first install LabVIEW 2018, which you appear not to have done.

LabVIEW is pretty picky about installation.  You need to install LabVIEW, then any Toolkits and Modules you need, and last, the Drivers.  If you mess up an installation (as it appears you might have done), the safest way to proceed is to uninstalll all National Instruments Software and start the Installation over, and do it in the correct order.

Bob Schor

Message 6 of 18
(6,386 Views)

The installation log is from the most recent attempt at the instalaton. While troubleshooting the installation before posting on here, I already uninstalled LabVIEW, components, and the driver and installed labview by itself. I got the same error then.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,358 Views)

Please uninstall all NI software.  Next, install only LabVIEW, no drivers.  At the end of the Installation, capture the screen that says something like "Installation Successful" and lists what was installed.  Now install the drivers, and also capture the screen at the end.  Post both screens so we can see what you've done.

Once you have what seems to be a clean installation, try to write and execute a tiny LabVIEW program (say, generate an array of 10 random numbers).  Post the results.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(6,290 Views)

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I'm currently uninstalling Lab View and will post again once I reinstall without the drivers or addons

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(6,256 Views)

Hi,

This is the screen where I get the error when only installing lab view. 

issue.png

Here are the programs that installed during the instalation

progrmas installed.png

What is the NI Package Manager Installer Wrapper? What else would have to be installed after the package manager wrapper? Is there a way I can install the missing issues separately?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(6,239 Views)