LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LEGO NXT-G 1.1 or 2.0 on mac OSX 10.6

Solved!
Go to solution

Worked for me too. Thanks for the very quick response. Much appreciated.

I will pass it on to our Lego League group.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 50
(10,372 Views)

I still have difficulty installing NXT-G 1.1 on Snow Leopard.

I've followed the instructions above, and when I'm running Mind Storms NXT, I'm getting error 1003, a "required file is broken".

Would appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 50
(10,309 Views)

Hello driveman,

What steps did you go through to get the error?  It sounds like it was after the installation, and whil using the software, so a step-by-step way of replicating it would be good here, so that we can see if it happens for us.  I cannot find any related past issues that result in this error.  Most involve something like trying to build an executable from LabVIEW.  Please reply with instructions on how you replicate the error on your end.  Thanks!

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
Message 13 of 50
(10,274 Views)

Chris, hi,

I was following Mark's instructions as written below. I did not install any additional NI packages afterwards. The error appears once I ran the MINDSTORMS NXT under /Applications/LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT folder. I've also attached a screenshot. 

1. Copy all files from the MINDSTORMS CD to a folder on your desktop.  
  2. Open that folder and look under "Parts".  
  3. Locate MindstormsUnivEdu.pkg or MindstormsUnivRet.pkg.  
  4. Right-click (control-click) and choose "Show Package Contents".  
  5. Navigate into the Contents » Resources directory and delete the "preflight" file.  
  6. Close this package and run the meta-package (LEGOMindstormsEngRet.mpkg) from the desktop to install MINDSTORMS NXT. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 50
(10,270 Views)

Hi Driveman, I looked at your screenshot,, was that during installation or after when clicking on the app's icon? 

anyway i have one idea -- the error suggest re-install LEGO MINDSTORMS DRIVERS make sure the 1.02 driver has been installed from here http://mindstorms.lego.com/support/updates/  then maybe try again to resinstall following Mark's steps and take many screenshots 🙂

(P.S. i'm on  1.1 also!  and before knew the workaround to install NXT-G i had previously downloaded and install that driver,,,)

there is Hope.

Marc-A

http://nxtquebec.blogspot.com

Message Edited by bazmati on 09-28-2009 06:52 PM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 50
(10,264 Views)

Mark,

This error appeared after running the application, but the great news are that installing the driver fixed it!

My girls are going to be very happy. Thank you so much. 

Message Edited by driveman on 09-28-2009 06:54 PM
Message 16 of 50
(10,260 Views)

Dear Mark,

I tried all your instructions carefully (plus the download of the recent driver v1.02) and I am stuck with an error code 1003, just like Driveman (ahead in the thread) reported. Any ideas? From a quick internet search, there seems to be a few other guys around with the same problem in Snow Leopard. Thanks so much for any help or hints you can provide.

Best wishes,

Rodolfo

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 50
(10,184 Views)

Rodolfo and Driveman,

Are you using MINDSTORMS NXT or LabVIEW?  I am assuming you are receiving the error when you try to "run" NXT code - e.g. compile and download the RXE file to the brick.   Any other information in addition to the error (screenshots of the error message) will be helpful.  

Thanks, 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 50
(10,152 Views)

I have followed the instruction to install NXT 1.1 on my Snow Leopard Mac.

Unlucky, while I run the program and the screen appear:

" MINDSTORMS NXT.app Alert

Unable to open resource files."

How should I do to run the program successfully? 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 50
(9,856 Views)

I am posting this on behalf of other LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G (1.1 or 2.0) "trying to be" users on Mac OS-X Snow

It appears a common ongoing issue is the "unable to open resource files" error they get when trying to start the successfully installed NXT-G

Could this have anything to do with Permissions or Cases Sensitivity of the filesystem?

two users have posted this symptom on Mindstorms Forum and one user reported it in this thread.

...in the meantime,  too all of you with this problem, please capture screen shots of the error (shift command 4) and post them here so the engineers at LabView can better understand the problem. The more detailed info you provide the faster a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 50
(9,765 Views)