From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LEGO NXT-G 1.1 or 2.0 on mac OSX 10.6

Solved!
Go to solution

What documentation do you need?  A lot of the documentation is online, like the LabVIEW 2009 LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Module Help and the LabVIEW LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT Module Programming Guide.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 50
(3,513 Views)

I need block wise documentation that will explain the configuration options. I rather have the options to access it directly from the NXT-G development IDE (the one that ships with the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Retail edition).

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 50
(3,502 Views)

Sorry about that I thought that you were talking about the LabVIEW Toolkit for MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 50
(3,480 Views)

Screenshots...

I am able to use Mindstorms NXT on Macbook Pro, 10.6.5.

When I opened Mindstorms NXT for the first time, I got a "error pop-up" and I pressed cancel. Afterwards I got the error pop-up telling me to add a defect description. I clicked "restart" and Mindstorms NXT started w/o issues.

But each time I quit Mindstorms NXT, I get error pop-up.

When I open Mindstorms, no errors are shown.

Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 2.21.48 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 2.21.48 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 50
(3,197 Views)

Hi Michael,

I haven't seen this issue before. Do you have a standard setup of MacOS X? Could this issue be related a the NXT vi not having access to a folder or directory? 

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 50
(3,159 Views)

After extracting all the files from th CDRom that was not readable from my Macs, I finally got the HPFS partitin out.

Now I have followed your instructions but get following message at end of installation.

Thank you in advance for any support.

Best regards

Marsu

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 50
(2,468 Views)

Marsu211,

Has anyone else seen this? I found the compatible versions of LabVIEW here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4435

If you do not have any of the above versions, you will have an opportunity to download an old version of LabVIEW upon downloading the toolkit.

Compatibility Note: You must have one of the following versions of LabVIEW installed to use the toolkit:

• For Windows: LabVIEW 7.1.x, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5.x, 8.6.x
  • For Mac OS: LabVIEW 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5
Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 50
(2,443 Views)

BLAQmx,

I have the 2.0 and I got as far as the resources directory but found no "preflight" file.  Could if be called something else?  I used this software when I had a PC and now that I have a Mac it's not working. Very frustrating!

Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 50
(2,332 Views)

Hi, I was trying to delete "preflight" as suggested and it is not allowing me and saying it can not be deleted. Wondering how you guys did? Help is appreciated.

Regards,

VSVS

@bazmati wrote:

BLAQmx wrote:

To install LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 1.1 on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  1. Copy all files from the MINDSTORMS CD to a folder on your desktop.  
  2. Open that folder and look under "Parts".  
  3. Locate MindstormsUnivEdu.pkg or MindstormsUnivRet.pkg.  
  4. Right-click (control-click) and choose "Show Package Contents".  
  5. Navigate into the Contents » Resources directory and delete the "preflight" file.  
  6. Close this package and run the meta-package (LEGOMindstormsEngRet.mpkg) from the desktop to install MINDSTORMS NXT. 
To install LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  1. Copy all files from the MINDSTORMS CD to a folder on your desktop.  
  2. Open that folder and look under "Parts".  
  3. Locate MindstormsUnivEdu.pkg or MindstormsUnivRet.pkg.  
  4. Right-click (control-click) and choose "Show Package Contents".  
  5. Navigate into the Contents/Resources directory and delete the "preflight" file.  
  6. Close this package and run the meta-package from the desktop to install MINDSTORMS NXT

Please let us know if these address all of your questions.  

Cheers,
Mark
LabVIEW R&D 
Message Edited by BLAQmx on 09-14-2009 11:17 AM

Thanks Mark... i was not expecting a solution that easy and so soon -- i hereby confirm that i was able to install and use NXT-G 1.1 For LEGO Mindstorms on a fresh install of MAC OS X 10.6 aka Snow Leopard using the above procedure.

THANKS  i will now go update my blog with the good news 

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 50
(2,258 Views)

Hi,

I tried to delete "Preflight" file and it is saying can not be deleted. Wondering how you guys did? Appreciate your help

Regards,

VsVs

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 50
(2,257 Views)