From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Application Web Server

Hi,

I have recently created a SystemLink server and installed the client software on a cRIO, I have discovered the system and installed most of the software I need without any issues. This cRIO is going to run a LabVIEW Web Service, but NI Application Web Server isn't listed in available software in the systems manager. Any advise?

Many thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,096 Views)

Hi Sarah,

Sorry i am not familiar with the cRIO webservice, i can't advice you on this topic.

Kind regards,

Coert Ansems

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,081 Views)

Hey SarahW,

I am not sure if I fully understand where you are stuck.

If it is about installing support on the cRIO, then I agree, finding Systemlink Client to install on a cRIO is a bit hidden in NI MAX.

This short thread has steps with screenshots in the 2nd posting: How to install SystemLink Client on cRIO-9067. Does this help?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,031 Views)

Hi ikaiser,

Thanks for the reply.

That doesn't really help, I have the Systemlink Client on the cRIO, and am now installing other software on the cRIO from Systemlink. Some software I need on the cRIO doesn't appear in the list of available software in the systems manager part of Systemlink to push down to the cRIO (mainly the NI Application Web Server).

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,017 Views)

Hello Sarah,

I hope you figured out a solution.

I experienced an issue similar to yours today, so I might be able to help now. If this does not help, please give us more information about the actual setup you have. I assume your setup is similar to the one I'll describe first, whereas you would need the second one.

There are two ways to set up a cRIO to be ready to connect with SystemLink. The SystemLink features supported by them is different though!

Install a software set with NI SystemLink Client added

This is the long-known way of installing software to a CompactRIO. Use NI MAX, find your cRIO under Remote Systems, navigate to Software, right-click it and pick Add/Remove Software. Then pick e.g. the currently installed software or one of the recommended software stacks and add the package "NI SystemLink Client".

NIMax_2019-08-02_15-51-01.png

Afterwards, you can find this cRIO in your SystemLink Web Application under Systems Manager » Discovered Systems, and add it to your managed systems from there.

When managing the device, you can add software:

chrome_2019-08-02_16-00-20.png

However, you'll notice that it does not display any available packages. In case you enable View » Hidden, it shown only NI Linux RT packages, no general NI software.

i_view64_2019-08-02_16-18-50.png

You will also notice that there were only three feeds pre-added:

chrome_2019-08-02_16-06-37.png

You can more add feeds, e.g. those from NI.com, or clone the NI.com repository using your SystemLink Web Application and then add it to your cRIO. However that does not give you access to the packages you are looking for. Many NI packages are available this way, but not all.

Install the SystemLink image

This is the way to make a cRIO fully SystemLink-ready. Right-click it in NI MAX and pick Format Disk (Note: This removes ALL data, configuration etc. from it!). A new dialog greets you:

NIMax_2019-08-02_16-11-16.png

Note: In case the cRIO was formatted earlier and does not have any software installed, NI MAX will notice and show the following dialog. Click Yes to install the SystemLink image, click No to get to the long-known software installation dialog.

NIMax_2019-08-02_15-29-17.png

Connecting the cRIO to SystemLink it now gives you more options. When managing, you can e.g. access the Devices and Interfaces page:

i_view64_2019-08-02_16-15-05.png

Going to the software page, it now has more feeds, and shows all NI software under Available. Note: Your cRIO needs access to the internet to be able to reach the repository at ni.com.

You will also notice that the Right-Click » Add/Remove Software dialog in NI MAX looks different now:

NIMax_2019-08-02_16-28-46.png

Regarding "NI Application Web Server" you were missing before, it is already installed as part of the Run-Time Engine for Web Services:

chrome_2019-08-02_15-45-20.png

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,869 Views)