LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer problem: runtime not found while included in installer

Hi. i'm facing a strange behaviour in a target PC:

previously I had a lot of labview applications installed in this PC that I removed (and every NI runtime)

The PC is now cleaned out, I'm deploying an installer developped with LV2016+runtime 2016 chosen in the "additional installer" installation project property

Installation is going OK, PC restarted, and a popup appears at clicking on .exe application

"LabVIEW runtime not found

applixation XXXX requires a 2016 version etc etc"

I tested the behaviour of the previous applications I removed by re-installing them on this PC (the installer was not modified) and the problem is persistent.

Can you help me?

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,077 Views)

The same thing happened to me today, but for 2015 SP1. I uninstalled everything NI from the control panel, restarted the PC an installed my application using that application's installer (which included the runtime), and then it worked.

I suspect that the cause for the error was when I installed an earlier version of my application, that perhaps had another version of the LV15 runtime, and there was some conflict there. Uninstalling applications never help, only cleaning out NI software as described above.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,059 Views)

hi

that's what I did: removing every NI software/runtime and restart, and I still can't

I tested it from different Labview hosting computers, to different target, and every time, the same target PC completes install correctly but can't find the runtime when clicking.

I've noticed the uninstall option from windows10 control panel returns a error popup at openning,  while the uninstall option from windows 7 control panel is accessable. Is it a clue?

someone can help?

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,999 Views)