LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of LabView 8 after LabView 6

Good afternoon everybody,

I've got a big problem with LabView. The fact is that I begin with this software...
I've just installed LabView 8 on a computer where LabView 6 was installed. Once the installation finished, I tried to launch a VI That was developped under the old version.

The problem is that two VI can't be found :
  • AI Sample Channel.vi
  • AI Acquire Waveform.vi

Therefore, I can't use anymore the program that was working before... What is the solution to get everything ok please ?

Thank you very much !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,299 Views)
The VIs can't be found because you didn't install the DAQ driver. You have a couple of options. Go to http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C128D?opendocument&node=1... and download the latest version of traditional DAQ. Download DAQmx which is the latest DAQ driver and rewrite your program. If you still have 6.0 installed, when you try to open the VI in 8.0 when asked for the missing functions, browse to the 6.0 folder and select them from there (if you save anything, 6.0 will not be useable. Agian, if 6.0 is still installed, copy the folder where the subVIs are from 6.0 and paste it into your 8.0 folder.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,288 Views)
SylvianTriquigneaux,

the VI will now be opened in LV 8 instead of LV 6. So you need all the components which have been used during developement in 6 in 8 as well. The VIs you are missing are from the DAQ-driver. Since the DAQ-driver has been rewritten in the times of LV 7, the new driver is called DAQmx. This one is not available for LV 6, but is the driver which is currently installed with LV (if you installed it with the drivers at all...). The "old" driver has been changed a little and named "traditional DAQ" nowadays. You should find the missing VIs in the API from the trad. DAQ. So i asume that everything you have to do is: install trad. DAQ. You can find a downloadable version here.

hope this helps,
Norbert B.
NI Germany
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,287 Views)