From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of LabVIEW - installation path

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the NI-Package Manager (Student Edition). Then I have selected the LabVIEW packages I wanted to install and have started the installation.

However, there was no way to change the installation path of neither the Package Manager nor the installation of the Packages.

Where can I find this option?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,875 Views)

See this thread and/or this KB for a solution.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,864 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

@NI:

There is no possibility to change the path during installation?

This is a nogo. NI you have to change this!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,854 Views)

@xxxyyy wrote:

@NI:

There is no possibility to change the path during installation?

This is a nogo. NI you have to change this!

I agree, there are a few very strange decisions that NI has made in connection with their NI package manager - like:

- no standalone/offline download possibility of such important runtime drivers like DAQmx or VISA

- you currently need an english settings to input your e-mail address during activation. It will not accept the @-sign from a german keyboard setting (ok, only a bug, but a bad one).

- download of older LabVIEW versions through NI package manager not possible (or ar least very difficult).

- the link to the offline installer of LabVIEW 2019 on the NI webside can easily be overlooked.

- "self"-update of NI package manager is kind of bumpy. The NI update service did this much more smoothly.

and many more.

Not good.

Up to now I only tested the download and installation of LabVIEW 2019 inside a VM. It's kind of nice that all downloaded files get deleted after the installation process - but I'm curious how that will work out when you try to build installers that require hardware drivers. Up to now you needed the original medium (USB-stick / DVD / files copied on your harddrive), but if you install everything just from the internet directly??? It is not guaranteed that I will have a fast internet connection if I work on a project on the customer side. Hence it is essential that I can easily download drivers/updates/patches... as an offline file that I can save on my harddisk.

Just my 2cents as an addition to this topic.

Kudos are welcome...
Message 4 of 4
(2,833 Views)