LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation memory error on Windows 10

Attempting to install LabView 2018 (old version necessary for backwards compatibility reasons) on my very new Microsoft Surface running Windows 10. When I try to run the installer, I agree to let the installer make changes, and then immediately receive a pop-up window that says, "SETUP ERROR: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command."

Hard drive has 115 GB free, so I'm assuming it's a RAM problem. After restarting and closing all apps and as many background processes as possible, I'm seeing ~4.5 GB of free memory in the task manager--- but still getting the same error.

Has anyone had a similar problem on install?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(749 Views)

What kind of processor?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(709 Views)

Please specify the actual model of the Surface. LabVIEW is a Win32 application and only will work (and install) on a computer with the full Windows version and a Intel x86/64 CPU. Some of the Surface models are ARM based and run the Windows RT version (or even Android, although that is obviously not the problem here).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(694 Views)