cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation errors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, 

I have recently downloaded the NI labview software. While installing I'm receiving the following error. I'm not sure what to do as I couldn't find a similar issue online. Can you please help?NI error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author novicepm

LabVIEW installation can be tricky -- I usually "volunteer" to do this for colleagues and students, and even with more than a decade of experience, LabVIEW in the last three years has been "less forgiving".  Here are some questions:

• Have you ever successfully installed LabVIEW (any version)?
  • Are any other version(s) of LabVIEW installed on the PC?
  • What Version, and what "bittedness" are you trying to install?
  • What Modules and Toolkits (on the first page of NIPM, the top section) are you installing?
  • What Device Drivers (the bottom section) are you installing?

In my (recent) experience, if an installation fails, you are sometimes better off removing all NI Software (there is a safe way to do this).  If you are new to this adventure, I strongly installing LabVIEW 32-bit, VIPM, and the minimal set of Drivers that you will need (DAQmx and VISA should be adequate for getting started -- you can always safely add Drivers later).  Resist the urge to accept all the "Additional Features" -- I typically refuse them all (with a single "click"), then go down the list and include only those I'm pretty sure I will want and use.  Note that some of these options will depend on the level of your license.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(1,792 Views)

Thanks bob, 

I reinstalled it without any additional features. It worked for me!

As I just started using, I believe I will try the additional features later on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,756 Views)