From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation errors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, 

I have recently downloaded the NI labview software. While installing I'm receiving the following error. I'm not sure what to do as I couldn't find a similar issue online. Can you please help?NI error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author novicepm

LabVIEW installation can be tricky -- I usually "volunteer" to do this for colleagues and students, and even with more than a decade of experience, LabVIEW in the last three years has been "less forgiving".  Here are some questions:

• Have you ever successfully installed LabVIEW (any version)?
  • Are any other version(s) of LabVIEW installed on the PC?
  • What Version, and what "bittedness" are you trying to install?
  • What Modules and Toolkits (on the first page of NIPM, the top section) are you installing?
  • What Device Drivers (the bottom section) are you installing?

In my (recent) experience, if an installation fails, you are sometimes better off removing all NI Software (there is a safe way to do this).  If you are new to this adventure, I strongly installing LabVIEW 32-bit, VIPM, and the minimal set of Drivers that you will need (DAQmx and VISA should be adequate for getting started -- you can always safely add Drivers later).  Resist the urge to accept all the "Additional Features" -- I typically refuse them all (with a single "click"), then go down the list and include only those I'm pretty sure I will want and use.  Note that some of these options will depend on the level of your license.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(1,810 Views)

Thanks bob, 

I reinstalled it without any additional features. It worked for me!

As I just started using, I believe I will try the additional features later on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,774 Views)