LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install and default options headache.... MathScript & LabVIEW2015

The IT department installed 2 versions of LabVIEW and only one of them has mathscript and it isn't default.  On Windows 7 Pro, how do I set the one with MathScript (32-bit) version to be default?

I tried through the "open-with" and the file "properties" and it doesn't want to.  I suspect the install changed something on the registry and doesn't allow me to change default association. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,118 Views)

The executable filenames were identical.  I modified the 32-bit version to LabVIEW_32.exe and the OS could recognize the difference.  That allowed the "open with" to differentiate them. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,106 Views)

When LV closes it updates the OS to indicate that it should be associated with files that look like LV files.

And yes LV does not care what it is named as ....

Trivia time!

Back in the days of LV 6i RT was a bit of a challenge. We had an option to look at the code on the RT target OR the Windows side but not both at the same time. However...

it was possilbe to copy LabVIEW to LabVIEW_2 and use one to watch the Windows side application and the other to watch the RT side.

Those were the days when men where men and real programmers could be idetified by the pocket calculator they wore on their belt, and dragons roamed the earth.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,082 Views)

Doesn't the update take place when it opens?  There's an envronment variable that gets updated either way.  Open the version you wish to use.  Don't touch the other.  Your files will open in your desired version after that.

Message 4 of 4
(3,062 Views)