From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Graph in Excel using Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office Fails

Solved!
Go to solution

From running the example VI included in the help files, "Excel Report- XY Graph Generation I get the following error in Excel:

"One of your object libraries (|) is missing or damaged.  Please run Setup to fix it."

And in LabVIEW, it says:

"Error -2147319779 occured at Library not registered in NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lblib:Excel_Insert_Chart.vi->NI_Excel.lvclass:Excel Insert Graph.vi->Excel Report- XY Graph Generation.vl"

After which there is some boilerplate about googling the error code, which was completely useless as far as I could tell.

I am running Office 2016 and Labview 2016 version 16.0f2.  I tried reinstalling Office, but that was no help.  Inserting tables of data into Excel works fine, it's just the Graph.  Additionally, the way LabVIEW seems to want to do graphs in Excel seems goofy.  Rather than have the data be in the spreadsheet and generate the graph from there, they seem to be embedding the data in the graph itself.  I guess you could do that, but why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,737 Views)

The RGT uses the MsGraph Object Library. This object library is probably not installed on your computer. Check this Knowledge base to verify (or install/reinstall) it.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,681 Views)

This didn't work for me.  I supposedly have Office Professional Plus 2016, but it only allowed me the repair options of Office 365 as described in your article.  I tried both remedies there (repair and repair online) and that didn't work.  I tried reinstalling Office from the DVD, but it just installs Office with no options.  Is there some way to install this feature manually?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,671 Views)

Thanks for reminding me not to move to Office 2016.  I've had no trouble with Office 2010 and 2013.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,656 Views)

That is not as helpful as you might have imagined T_T

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SmithGo

Managed to solve this by uninstalling Office 2016, installing Office 2013, then uninstalling Office 2013 and reinstalling Office 2016.  It was lots of fun.

Message 6 of 7
(3,618 Views)

I had the same problem trying to print a graph to Excel.  Excel gives popup message "One of your object libraries (|) is missing or damaged.  Please run Setup to fix it." and Labview gives "Error -2147319779 occured at Library not registered..."  

I'm using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 and Labview 2016. I also had installed an older version of Microsoft Visio 2013 without giving it much thought.

I fixed this by uninstalling Microsoft Visio 2013.  Then it suddenly started working and I could insert graphs again from Labview to Excel.  Apparently Visio 2013 and Office 2016 don't work well together.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,810 Views)